Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Electronic Note Taking Pen vs. Rocketbook Everlast Notebook


I came across a DRAFT post I never published. It deserves to be updated with the inclusion of the Rocketbook Everlast Notebook. 

A few years ago, there was a pop-up ad for this Livescribe 3 Smart Pen. You can find this product on Amazon. 

I find the concept intriguing because an inherent disadvantage to "going green" and paperless is how we write notes. It cannot be denied that the words we write on paper are very different from typing the text. There is something in the way our brain processes the information. It is probably a right brain/left brain thing but that's another topic. 

I am using Noteshelf, an iPad app that mimics my old fashioned notebook. I can change ink colors, doodle, write reminders and flip back through the pages to find my notes. 

What is it about this pen that caught my attention? Searchable electronic notes through Evernote integration. My only hesitation, is it worth the $149.95 price ($199.95 for the Pro model)? Is it just another electronic gadget that seems really cool but will end up being used occasionally or not at all? Where does it fit? Maybe just the thing for the technology geek! Still, a pricey choice. 


 


Enter a new player in the market - Rocketbook Everlast Notebook. With the same smart features of being able to write with pen and paper and then save your notes to your electronic choice; i.e., Evernote, Google Drive, email, etc.; no devices to remember to charge; much better price - you can get the two books; the Executive Rocketbook and Rocketbook Mini, for under $50 on Amazon. I have these - received as gifts - and I love them. Definitely worth taking a look at. 



Happy scribing!


No comments:

Post a Comment