Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5 Be

Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo! Five things for a Magic Monday:

I have five cars. Some reading this may wonder, "why does one person need five cars?" I don't "need" five cars and I love each one for a different reason. Thinking back over the years I realized that for most of my life cars have been involved. I would challenge myself while waiting for the school bus to identify the car coming around the corner and then expanded that challenge to guessing the year. 

There is a poster entitled "Justification for a Higher Education" and it depicts a waterfront house on a hill with the sun setting and a detached five car garage with exotic and daily drivers.  

  1. 2006 Chevrolet HHR - my daily driver. This is one of the best cars General Motors has introduced. 2012 marked the last production year so I need to make this one last a long, long time. There isn't anything else on the market that seats five, offers 6 feet of cargo space when the back seats are down and nine feet to the dash when the passenger seat is stowed flat (and flat it is making it one of the only cars I know of that does this.) You can literally use the passenger seat as a workspace!
  2. 2005 Chevrolet Corvette - my fifth Corvette and first manual and well as first brand new Corvette. I got her with 4 miles off the truck from the factory. She is LeMans Blue Metallic, cashmere interior, black convertible top, six speed dream machine and her name is Kasmir.
  3. 1990 Mazda Miata - an antique in waiting but not much longer. In 2015 she will be 25 years old and have earned historical/antique status.
  4. 1962 Oldsmobile F85 Cutlass - this was the first year that Oldsmobile put the Cutlass emblem on a car. This particular design was only made for three years, 1961 through 1963 and was state of the art. It has an aluminum block motor, 16" factory wheels, three speed on the column and factory air conditioning. 
  5. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette - the last year of the C1 and first time the cowl was painted the same color as the body. The unique thing about 1961 and 1962 Corvettes is the transition stage. The rear of the car is the C2 body while the dual headlights and solid axel C1 features remain. She is Honduras Maroon with black interior, black convertible and Honduras Maroon hardtop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment