Sunday, April 5, 2020

An Invitation to Listen: COVID-19 Separating Fact from Fiction


Four weeks ago, Sunday, March 8, I was celebrating my upcoming birthday with family and friends. Monday, my actual birthday, the celebration continued as I enjoyed lunch and a wonderful afternoon with my friend Kit. On Tuesday, March 10, while taking what would become the last pottery class for a while, I learned of the “Containment Zone” established in the North End of New Rochelle. Life, as we know it, will be forever changed. 

I define myself as “an Entrepreneur wearing many hats and making a difference.” COVID-19 finds me struggling with messaging. All of the Spring charity events are postponed. Everyone I know is working from home. Many face the additional challenge of home schooling. Juggling between responsibilities can be daunting.  I feel helpless. I am limited by the necessary restrictions we must do in order to not only flatten the curve but also to move forward, when moving forward becomes a reality. 

I received an email from Cindy Scholz, Real Estate Broker with Compass (and my niece). She is hosting a call tomorrow entitled ‘COVID-19 Separating Fact from Fiction’ I am sharing this email with the link to this call:



Healthcare Interview

With NYC Real Estate rightfully on PAUSE, I am taking this week to focus on what is most important- healthcare. 

Community is essential during these times. A very special thank you to the following people in my NYC community who are making this call possible: 

Oliver Libby, Alex Schueler, and Madeleine Schachter. 

Tomorrow I will be moderating a discussion along with Rory Golod, our Regional President, with the following two experts:

Dr. Jay Bhatt serves as Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of the American Hospital Association and President of HRET. Dr. Bhatt and his team were awarded to support the development of tools of patient safety in ambulatory environments, multi-sectorial collaborations, and age-friendly health systems.

Nora Super serves as Senior Director at Milken Institute, Center for the Future of Aging, whose mission is to improve lives and strengthen societies by promoting healthy, productive and purposeful aging. Nora manages and creates data-driven research, meaningful policy initiatives, and impactful meetings in the United States as well as internationally.

The conversation will focus on the medical impact of the virus, what the outlook for our hospitals and healthcare could be in the coming months, how to separate facts from fiction and what we can do in our day to day lives to protect ourselves and our loved ones. 

We are fortunate to have these experts join us to share their knowledge, insights, and advice.

A recording of the call will be made available later for those unable to join.

Date: Monday April 6th
Time: 4:00pm ET
Link to listen:
Duration: 1 hour

Stay safe.


I will share the recording details for those who could not join in live. 

Cindy is taking an active role in managing the message this pandemic is creating. I look back at her recent blog posts. The information is thoughtful. You can find the links here:




I am looking forward to the call tomorrow. I hope you can join in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment