Friday, April 17, 2020

Controlling Emotions with the Facts


Friday Recap

I have been (somewhat obsessively) listening to the press conferences of Governor Cuomo and President Trump. I track numbers using the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center. Numbers keep me grounded. When numbers surge, the day over day percentage change helps me keep things in perspective. The percentage of new cases in New York City and Westchester County is dropping. Death percentages, as expected, are up; yet, not as high as anticipated. 

A Disappointing Announcement - NY is on PAUSE until May 15

Why is this disappointing? Because it crushed my hope that we may possibly be looking at a new normal in a couple of weeks. This is 29 more days. It feels very far away. I am saddened by this news. Who knows, the situation changes hourly and maybe this will too. 

A New Normal

COVID-19 brings with it a new reality. "Normal" going forward will be different. There will be a new normal. There are too many unanswered questions; questions only time can answer. Is this virus going to come back? Will we have a break until the Fall when flu season returns? Will the United States, and the world, be forced into lockdown again?

Opportunities for the Future

I am a very active person. I do not have a traditional job. I describe myself as an entrepreneur wearing many hats and making a difference. 

My last typical Saturday was March 14, 33 days ago. I confine myself to home. I count on one hand the number of times I ventured out. I have become terrified of going to a store. Fortunately, I don't have to. I use FreshDirect for delivery and have not had to go to a grocery store since 2011. 

I am doing a lot of research. I majored in Marketing and Management at Iona College before the dawn of the Internet. The Internet created a world of possibilities combined with information overload. How do you reach your market? Can you achieve organic growth? What is the message and how is it perceived? What do people want? What do people need? I am fine-tuning my focus and I am developing a message geared toward today's opportunities.

The Power of the Network Marketing Entrepreneur Opportunity

Stay tuned - the message is developing and details will be forth coming. 




No comments:

Post a Comment