Thursday, July 3, 2014

Inspiration


Inspiration happens in a moment. How? Inspiration happens when I am open to my world, . What does "being open to my world" mean? Watching and listening; watching and listening not talking; not waiting for the opening in the conversation to talk. When I am waiting for the "opening" to talk, I am not listening. 

Mirrored Clarity
Inspiration hit me last night when I was focused on the conversation among the group I was with. What was the inspiration? I am responsible for my reaction to the people, places and things around me. When I am focused on my thoughts and feelings, the only vibrations are from within. When I am listening to the people around me, I am given the opportunity to experience other feelings and given the ability to bring those positive feelings into my consciousness.

This is how I practice watching and listening. I grab my camera and take a walk by myself. I look at the world around me. It can be nature, the street where I live, the local school, a big city. The key is to focus on the sights, sounds and smells around me. I am alone so I refrain from to talking out loud although I have been known to say hello to the wildlife. This is my walk, my focus, my chance to watch and listen. Why the camera? I never know what image I will come across. This photograph is a reflection in a pond, not the pond. Sometimes the reflection is clearer and more powerful than the original. The camera helps me focus; to watch and listen; to engage in my surroundings and to capture a moment in time. 

Wishing you inspiration today and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment