Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Last Weekend Before.....

I don't know about you but I am so tired of the Christmas "countdown." "The last shopping weekend before Christmas." It's hype for commercialization and I find it stress producing, annoying and outright rude. 

I have been introduced to a wonderful tradition - when you find the purrfect gift for someone, buy it and give it to them in the moment. Why save it for a "special occassion?" Life, and every day, is a special occassion!

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that holidays like Christmas or Hanukkah don't matter or birthdays don't matter or anniversaries, graduations, weddings.... you get the picture. Do something special those days; something that makes the ones you love know you care; something that makes them feel awesome!!!! It doesn't have to be a gift - but if the purrfect gift fits the occassion and you didn't "store it in the magic closet for a year" than by all means, gift away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment