Sunday, December 8, 2013

Birth of a Logo





The birth of a logo - the design process. 

I just completed a review of the process behind designing the logo for Team Michelangelo’s Annual Charity Car & Motorcycle Show For the Love of Pets and People. From the very beginning, September, 2009, I wanted to create a logo that would speak to our show; making a difference for our furry friends and the people they help. I wanted a logo that would immediately convey that message and be memorable.

It took a long time to create the purrfect design. On June 16, 2012, while having lunch in a restaurant on Cape Cod, I saw the sign over a pet boutique across the street that put into focus what I wanted to do with our logo. Finally, after many sketches and help from my embroidery software trainer and friends at Guiding Eyes for the Blind, our logo was born. The design pictured above is our copyrighted design and is used in embroidery, print and jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment